This is a development opportunity for music creators who have completed their first degree or equivalent, and/or have left higher education within the last five years and who are at an early stage of their composing career.
Music creators taking part in the scheme must be based in the UK (applicants from outside the UK are eligible to apply so long as they are based in the UK for the duration of the scheme).
The programme is not open to undergraduate students or to composers who have been establishing their post higher education careers for longer than five years. Nor is it open to composers who have completed previous “Composing for…” schemes within the last two years (composers from Psappha’s 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 schemes are eligible to apply, so long as they haven’t taken part in a subsequent scheme). MA and PhD students are eligible to apply. Those still studying for a first degree at the time of application are eligible to apply so long as their degree will have been completed and awarded by the time the scheme begins.*
MA and PhD students are eligible to apply. Those still studying for a first degree at the time of application are eligible to apply so long as their degree will have been completed and awarded by the time the scheme begins.
* We recognise that parents and carers who have taken time out to look after eg young children, family members etc and / or people who have taken employment in a different sector may have left education more than five years ago. We are happy to consider applications from people to whom these circumstances apply.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- All sessions will take place at Psappha’s home base: St. Michael’s, 36-38 George Leigh Street, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 5DG or Hallé St Peter’s, 40 Blossom St, Ancoats, Manchester M4 6BF
- Psappha will pay participants a bursary of £400 in two instalments. Participants must have a UK bank account. Participants will be required to sign a bursary agreement before taking part in the programme.
- At the end of the process participants are required to complete a short evaluation form that Psappha will use internally and also share with its funders.
- Psappha is unable to give feedback to unsuccessful applicants for resource reasons.
- The dates of the sessions will be included in the offer which will be made to successful applicants.