This is a development opportunity for music creators who have completed their first degree or equivalent, and/or have left higher education within the last five years and who are at an early stage of their composing career.
Music creators taking part in the scheme must be based in the UK (applicants from outside the UK are eligible to apply so long as they are based in the UK for the duration of the scheme).
The scheme is not open to undergraduate students or to composers who have been establishing their post-HE careers for longer than five years.* Nor is it open to composers who have completed previous “Composing For…” schemes within the last two years (composers from our 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 schemes are eligible to apply so long as they meet the other eligibility criteria).
MA and PhD students are eligible to apply. Those still studying for a first degree at the time of application are eligible to apply so long as their degree will have been completed and awarded by the time the scheme begins.
*We recognise that parents who have taken time out to look after young children and / or people who have taken employment in a different sector may have left Higher Education more than five years ago. We are happy to consider applications from people to whom these circumstances apply.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- All sessions will take place at Psappha’s home base: St. Michael’s, 36-38 George Leigh Street, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 5DG.
- Psappha will pay participants a bursary of £325 in two instalments. Participants must have a UK bank account. Participants will be required to sign a bursary agreement before taking part in the programme.
- At the end of the process participants are required to complete a short evaluation form that Psappha will use internally and also share with its funders.
- Psappha is unable to give feedback to unsuccessful applicants for resource reasons.
- The dates of the sessions will be included in the offer letter to successful applicants (broad time periods are included in the composer call for the scheme).